Who We Are
Bruce Batchelor – Publisher, Editor, Management & Marketing Consultant, Entrepreneur, Executive, Director of Companies and Non-Profits
- management consultant: as CEO & President of Trelawny Consulting Group Ltd., Bruce advises government groups, non-profits, publishing companies and hi-tech start-ups on marketing, communications and strategic planning
- accomplished editor: many dozen fiction and non-fiction books, a consumer health magazine, corporate reports, technical manuals
- author of regional and national bestsellers: on canoe routes and Yukon lifestyle (Yukon Channel Charts, The Lost Whole Moose Catalogue, Dog Team to Dawson, Nine Dog Winter) and marketing (Book Marketing DeMystified).
- CEO and publisher at Agio Publishing House (agiopublishing.com)
- currently orchestrating a green/social engineering initiative called CloseCommute.com, with a mission to improve commuting efficiency in cities around the world. See also CloserCommutes.org.
- serving on the Board of Directors for Trelawny Consulting Group Ltd., and 0969457 BC Ltd. (profilecreative.ca). Has served (often as chair) on boards of corporations, cooperatives and non-profits in USA, Canada, UK and Republic of Ireland.
- inventor of the print-on-demand (POD) based book publishing process, founder of Trafford Publishing in 1995; publisher to over 8,000 authors from over 100 countries during 11 years as Trafford's publisher and CEO; built that business to over $10 million in annual sales
- chief executive for Canadian Red Cross Society branch in Owen Sound, leading 190+ staff
- interim executive director for The Women's Centre of Grey and Bruce Counties
- book marketing expert: author of Book Marketing DeMystified
- leading advocate for independent ("indie") publishing, presenter to Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association, Association of Canadian Publishers and numerous international writers conferences;
- instructor at Canadian Centre for Studies in Publishing (Simon Fraser University) and at Georgian College
- appointed Quantum Shift Fellow at Richard Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario in 2006; finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2004; nominee for BC Exporter of the Year; recipient of an Award of Excellence from The Financial Post; recognized by Profit Magazine as CEO of Canada's 5th fastest growing company (2004) and 10th fastest (2005)
- granted a degree in theoretical and applied problem solving: Honours Bachelor of Mathematics (Combinatorics & Optimization) from University of Waterloo, 1973, where he was a Rene Descartes Scholar
- loves playing soccer, being with Marsha and our son Dan, writing, carpentry, singing, yoga, walking along rainforest and oceanfront paths...
Now read about the real talent behind Trelawny Consulting Group: See About Marsha Batchelor.