Who We Are
Marsha Batchelor - Graphic Designer
(photo at right with brother Stewart McGillis, who is an illustrator and blacksmith)
- award-winner for design effectiveness: trade show display exhibits, brochures, magazine and book layouts, advertising campaigns and fundraising programs
- co-author, co-illustrator (with her son, photographer Dan Batchelor) of Just Passing Through: an alphabet book of thoughts to perhaps perceive life in a new way, featuring art, collage and photography, ISBN 978-1897435380
- author, illustrator of Paint & Eye: Selected Works From 2012 to 2018, ISBN 978-1927755709
- has designed more than 1,000 books and magazine issues during her 25+ year career in publishing
- known for simple, elegant design: the message and visuals always support the promotion's key concepts
- before training at Georgian College to become a graphic designer, Marsha worked as a forest fire tower lookout person, park ranger (in charge of the Bugaboos Provincial Park), Katimavik youth group leader in Northern BC and Labrador
- studied Wildland Recreation Management for two years at Selkirk College in Castlegar, BC, and Home Economics at Long Beach College, California
- paints decorative and functional floorcloths (featured in Chatelaine magazine)
- has a passion for house renovation and interior design
- had a very successful month-long showing at Dales Gallery in Victoria, BC. The opening on April 7th, 2014 was a merry, well-attended event
- now lives on Gabriola Island where she is having a glass-walled studio built under towering fir and cedars
- loves outdoor activities – skiing, camping, walking, gardening.
To see samples of Marsha's artwork and designs, you are invited to go to Marsha Batchelor Art & Design Samples.