Who We Are
Bruce Batchelor – Publisher, Editor, Management & Marketing Consultant, Entrepreneur, Executive, Director of Companies and Non-Profits
- management consultant: as CEO & President of Trelawny Consulting Group Ltd., Bruce advises government groups, non-profits, publishing companies and hi-tech start-ups on marketing, communications and strategic planning
- accomplished editor: books, a consumer health magazine, corporate reports, technical manuals
- author of regional and national bestsellers: on canoe routes and Yukon lifestyle (Yukon Channel Charts, The Lost Whole Moose Catalogue, Dog Team to Dawson, Nine Dog Winter) and marketing (Book Marketing DeMystified). Coming soon: Essentials for New Directors of Small Business and Non-Profits: Strategic Planning and Other Sage Advice from Experienced Directors … )
- CEO and publisher at Agio Publishing House (agiopublishing.com)
- currently orchestrating a green/social engineering initiative called CloseCommute.com, with a mission to improve commuting efficiency in cities around the world.
- serving on the Board of Directors for Trelawny Consulting Group Ltd. and 0969457 BC Ltd. Has served (often as Chair) on boards of corporations and non-profits in USA, Canada, UK and Republic of Ireland.
- inventor of the print-on-demand (POD) based book publishing process, founder of Trafford Publishing in 1995; publisher to over 8,000 authors from over 100 countries during 11 years as Trafford's publisher and CEO; built that business to over $10 million in annual sales
- chief executive for Canadian Red Cross Society branch in Owen Sound, leading 190+ staff
- interim executive director for The Women's Centre of Grey and Bruce Counties
- book marketing expert: author of the ground-breaking Book Marketing DeMystified
- leading advocate for independent ("indie") publishing, presenter to Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association, Association of Canadian Publishers and numerous international writers conferences;
- instructor at Canadian Centre for Studies in Publishing (Simon Fraser University) and at Georgian College
- appointed Quantum Shift Fellow at Richard Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario in 2006; finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2004; nominee for BC Exporter of the Year; recipient of an Award of Excellence from The Financial Post; recognized by Profit Magazine as CEO of Canada's 5th fastest growing company (2004) and 10th fastest (2005)
- granted a degree in theoretical and applied problem solving: Honours Bachelor of Mathematics (Combinatorics & Optimization) from University of Waterloo, 1973, where he was a Rene Descartes Scholar
- loves playing soccer, being with Marsha and our son Dan, writing, carpentry, singing bass in the Gettin' Higher Choir, taking yoga classes, walking along oceanfront paths...
Now read about the real talent behind Trelawny Consulting Group: See About Marsha Batchelor.